Monday, August 14, 2017

Reading List: Stand Still, Stay Silent

I've spent the last couple of days bulling through the archives for fantasy-horror web comic Stand Still, Stay Silent.

 Set in the near future after the outbreak of a pandemic, the comic catalogs the adventure of a team of misfits sent into the desolation of the Silent World outside the small hubs of civilization to recover lost knowledge.

Written and drawn by Minna Sundberg, it draws deeply on the mythology of Sweden and Finnland. Sundberg's art is beautiful and atmospheric.







Her writing is also great, with a slow steady build of tension and empathy, punctuated by moments of incredible action. Her characters are interesting and her world building is incredibly detailed.

I highly recommend adding this to your reading list. I'm going to have a hard time waiting on the newest episode.

My thanks to Daddy Warpig, who's archival post pointed me to this gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment