Monday, September 18, 2017

Music to Write By: The Vision of Escaflowne OST

I love to write with music on. It influences your mood, prompts new ideas, and gives you something to enjoy when that stupid cursor just blinks at you and mocks your writer's block.

I like to use a lot of classical music or pieces in a foreign language I do not speak, as this keeps me from struggling not to write what I'm hearing instead of what I want.

One of the pieces I return to for writing fantasy is the soundtrack to The Vision of Escaflowne. The anime itself is pretty good, but by far the best thing about it is the music which was arranged by Yoko Kanno and performed by the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra.

Here's a sample:





You can find the OST volumes on iTunes and Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Man this anime was awesome when I watched it, both the movie and show. The music is always a go to for me as well when I plan out D&D sessions.
    I need to go back and rewatch the series since it's been a long time, but I'm worried it won't hold up at all like I remember :P

    ReplyDelete