Saturday, February 3, 2018

Update on the Unplug and Some New Plugs

Turns out I'm not dead, just really busy. The post-Christmas season has been one thing after another for me, but it seems to be calming down.

In the odd five or ten minute break, however, I have found some fun entertainment.

First, Larry Correia has these two posts over at his blog about his experiments in creating a fast paced, simple table top game based on Gritty Cop Shows.

The recaps were incredibly fun (more so for me since I've actually seen Heat and am a big fan of cop procedurals and crime dramas). I so want to play this game.

Second, I stumbled across the You Tube channel for Spacedock. From the channel: "A series where we look at the specifications, history and lore of fictional spacecraft from science fiction. Any Spacecraft, any Sci-Fi."

The videos are usually short, running 5 to 10 minutes, but new videos are posted often and there are plenty of them. I've enjoyed listening to the breakdowns there, especially getting a peak at franchises I'm not as familiar with, like The Expanse.

If that weren't enough, the host of Spacedock has a longer form podcast called Subspace that has just begun.

Go check those out and check back here soon for some exciting news!

No comments:

Post a Comment